Costa Rica awards global tourism account to Cheryl Andrews
The Costa Rican Tourism Board has moved its global PR account from Burson-Marsteller to Cheryl Andrews Marketing Communications after a competitive pitch.
Costa Rica: Andrews is briefed to attract business and weddings visits
The organisation picked the agency to oversee all PR in the US, Canada, Europe and other relevant markets such as Brazil, Mexico and China, where the destination is becoming more popular.
Andrews won the business after a competitive pitch against more than five US agencies and the account's incumbent, Burson-Marsteller, the firm said.
The travel and luxury specialist agency will execute campaigns showcasing Costa Rica's culture and unique offerings as a tourist destination for the rest of 2013 through 2015.
Andrews will also promote the country as more than an ecotourism destination, for which it is now well-known, with campaigns to attract visitors for business and weddings as well.
The agency had already worked with destinations and hotels in the Caribbean and Central America, including tourist bodies for the islands of Anguilla and Trinidad and Tobago.
It will work in conjunction with the Costa Rican Tourism Board's advertising agency, 22square, which handles most of the brand's social media activity.
B-M first started working with the Costa Rican Tourism Board five years ago, for a 24-month project promoting it as a tourist destination in North America.
The WPP Group agency declined to comment on the account move.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London