Sony Entertainment Network calls in Shine for new European brief
Shine has won a newly created Europe-wide brief from Sony's online entertainment division ahead of the launch of the PlayStation 4.
SEN: Hiring a PR agency for the first time
Sony Entertainment Network, which offers a range of music and video services, appointed the agency following a pitch.
Included within SEN’s remit is its online games store, PlayStation Network, as well as Sony’s music and video stores, Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited.
Shine will be initially focusing on how these services integrate with the PlayStation 4, which goes on sale in November.
The agency will report to European PR manager Alison Gram, who said that alongside the key console work there would be other hardware-related campaigns over Christmas.
Gram also revealed that Shine would play a key role in developing SEN’s online and offline media presence.
‘We don’t have any European social media feeds at the moment so that will be a focus,’ said Gram, who was hired seven months ago.
‘We also want to reach a lot more consumer press alongside core tech press and the appointment of Shine offers further PR support as we grow.’
SEN was set up three years ago alongside Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited, which face tough competition in a market that includes Spotify and Netflix.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + bens, London
- Web Developer - Colchester - up to £50k + benefits Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £50k + benefits, Colchester
- SR DESIGNER Red Sofa London £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Junior Web Developer - Colchester - up to £22k + benefits Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £22k + benefits, Colchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Colchester - up to £40k + benefits Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester