Ogilvy PR Singapore wins regional airline brief
SilkAir, the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, has appointed Ogilvy Public Relations Singapore as its communications and public relations agency in Singapore and its key regional markets.
Kuala Lumpur: SilkAir destination
The appointment, which came after a competitive pitch called in May, started last month and runs for a year. The agency’s remit covers corporate branding and promotional support around SilkAir’s 25th anniversary celebrations in 2014.
This is the first time that SilkAir has worked with a PR agency, at a time when the air carrier will take delivery of up to 68 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft – the biggest order of its kind in SilkAir’s history.
Leslie Thng, chief executive officer at SilkAir, noted that 2014 was set to be a milestone year for the airline.
‘With our 25th anniversary celebrations coupled with the upcoming delivery of our new Boeing fleet, we’re looking forward to a truly exciting time for the company,’ he said.
Ogilvy PR Singapore’s managing director Andrew Thomas said: ‘The 25th anniversary of SilkAir is a historic milestone, and we believe there is much to celebrate and promote.’
Early this year, SilkAir ended its partnerships with creative agency JWT Singapore and media agency Mindshare in favour of OMD and DDB, each for a period of two years.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London