GolinHarris begins joint venture in India with LinOpinion
GolinHarris has begun a joint venture with Indian firm LinOpinion, a division of Interpublic Group's Lowe Lintas and Partners network.
Fred Cook: GolinHarris president and CEO
While Golin has worked with agencies in India through affiliate relationships in the past, this is the first time the firm will be fully represented in the country.
The firm will be known as LinOpinion GolinHarris. Its management team will remain in place. Ameer Ismail is executive director of the agency.
‘They have a very good management team that has been there for a very long time and we know them really well,’ said Fred Cook, president and CEO of Golin. ‘I think it's a market where there's a lot of opportunity and a lot of agencies there, but still a very wide open field.'
Launched in 1994, LinOpinion has five offices in India and provides corporate communications, PR, digital and social media services with a team of about 60 staffers. Its clients include JPMorgan, Discovery Networks, Starwood Hotels and Herbalife.
Through the deal, LinOpinion will remain part of the Lowe Lintas network, but will work closely with Golin's 40 offices around the world, the firms said in a statement. Golin will provide intellectual property, specialist training and international expertise for the partnership.
‘We've been working in India for a long time, and we think there's a lot of opportunity there and a lot of multinational clients are interested in the marketplace and doing business there, so we thought it was the next logical step to expand our presence in Asia,' Cook said.
He added that LinOpinion will switch its structure to Golin's g4 model, which the firm established stateside in 2011.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Director - Pharmaceutical Mustard Jobs up to £60,000 doe, Central London
- New Business Director - Agency Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + bonus, Milton Keynes
- Creative Consultant Network Career Consultants £60000 - £80000 per annum, London