RLM Finsbury's Andrew Dowler joins private equity firm Blackstone
RLM Finsbury partner Andrew Dowler is leaving the agency to take a senior in-house role at global private equity giant Blackstone.
Andrew Dowler: Quitting RLM Finsbury for Blackstone role
Dowler, who joined Finsbury from FTI Consulting in May 2010, will become MD, public affairs, next week.
He will be based in London and work in the global comms team alongside New York-based senior managing director in the public affairs group Peter Rose.
He has a long working relationship with the firm, having led RLM Finsbury’s account with Blackstone and previously worked with the company when it retained FTI Consulting.
Dowler and Finsbury were drafted in to help Blackstone deal with the fallout from the 2011 crisis enveloping Southern Cross Healthcare when the UK media were blaming the firm’s private equity owner for the care home operator’s demise.
It is not thought Blackstone will retain any consultancy following Dowler’s hire.
Dowler has specialised in M&A, restructuring projects and private equity deals, previously working on transactions including Terra Firma’s acquisition of EMI and ABN Amro’s sale to Royal Bank of Scotland.
Blackstone is the world's largest alternative asset manager and in the UK holds stakes in Merlin Entertainments (the owner of the London Eye and Madame Tussauds and a strongly tipped IPO candidate) Cineworld and United Biscuits.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London