Global Radio turns to Seven Dials for corporate and consumer PR
Commercial radio's biggest player has handed its corporate and consumer PR to Seven Dials, the agency start-up led by former Independent editor Simon Kelner.
Radio role: Simon Kelner (Credit: Julian Dodd)
Global Radio appointed the agency without a pitch.
Duties include working with its in-house consumer teams on brands such as Capital, Classic FM and Heart.
The radio group previously had a long-term relationship with MacLaurin Media, whose owner Brian MacLaurin announced he was to end work on the account in May.
Global has since been serviced on an interim basis by Insider Communications, a company set up by MacLaurin director Rania Johnson. Insider has begun its handover to Seven Dials and will finish work on the account in November.
Seven Dials was founded by ad agency Beattie McGuinness Bungay in May and has clients including Fortnum & Mason and Aberdeen Asset Management.
Kelner, its chief executive, said: 'This can catapult the agency into a new space.'
He added that he had worked with Global CEO Stephen Miron at The Independent and The Mail on Sunday. 'We know each other of old and they were taken with our fresh approach,' he said.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Digital Executive- £32K! Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Direct Marketing and CRM Executive Essence Branding Up to £25,000 plus benefits, London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London