Frank PR wins five-way pitch for Chessington World of Adventures
Chessington World of Adventures has awarded its retained consumer PR account, understood to be worth a low six-figure sum, to Frank.
Chessington's Zufari: the ride offers the chance to see rhinos and giraffes
Frank has just started working for the Merlin Entertainments-owned resort, which is located in Surrey and includes a zoo, a theme park and a 150-bedroom hotel.
Chessington invited agencies to compete for the business as its contract with Clarion Communications neared its end. Clarion, which has worked for Chessington since January 2011, decided not to repitch.
Frank came out ahead of 15 agencies that submitted proposals for the work and were narrowed down to five invited to make presentations.
The important ingredient in Chessington’s selection process was creativity, according to resort PR manager Becky Elkin.
‘We wanted to appoint a creative agency that really understood our target audience and could take the PR of our brand to a whole new level, something Frank PR really impressed us with,’ she said.
The agency will be tasked with launching and supporting new developments at the theme park and hotel in the next 12 months. It will also promote Chessington’s newest attraction, Zufari, which opened in March this year and is a safari ride in off-road trucks where visitors can see animals including rhinos and giraffes.
Frank PR group MD and founder Andrew Bloch said the agency would also consult on a social strategy and an SEO plan to grow the resort's footfall.
Clarion MD Amanda Meyrick said: ‘We’ve really enjoyed working with the team at Chessington and have shared a very productive few years of activity.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London