PLMR ups content offer with hire of former BBC man Mike Ramsden
Political Lobbying and Media Relations has hired former BBC presenter and RBS Insurance head of content Mike Ramsden in the new role of head of broadcast.
Mike Ramsden: more than 18 years' experience in broadcasting
Ramsden, who starts full-time today, will be responsible for PLMR’s digital and broadcast content and will oversee and handle clients in the additional role of senior consultant.
Another new recruit joining today is senior account manager Scott Brodie, who was previously an account manager at Cohn & Wolfe’s public affairs arm.
Ramsden has more than 18 years of broadcast experience from his time at the BBC, which included anchoring its London news output and presenting the London segment of The Politics Show.
He joined RBS Insurance in 2011 as head of content and production and more recently worked on a short-term basis for mining firm Anglo American.
Brodie spent more than two years at Cohn & Wolfe and worked on food and drink clients including Warburton’s, Ferrero and Burger King.
Kevin Craig, MD of PLMR, said the agency believed Ramsden’s experience in content and content creation would give it a competitive edge and hired Brodie to develop its food client base.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region