Waggener Edstrom wins Infosecurity Europe after 17-year Eskenzi relationship ends
The organiser of one of Europe's leading information security events has hired Waggener Edstrom after the end of a 17-year relationship with incumbent Eskenzi PR & Marketing.
Infosecurity Europe: Draws 13,000 visitors (credit: Infosecurity Europe)
The agency won a pitch held by Reed Exhibitions to lead the comms for Infosecurity Europe, which will take place in April and May next year.
Eskenzi declined to repitch for the brief, which includes work promoting the London-based event across the IT security community and appealing to broader audiences across Europe.
Cairbre Sugrue is general manager for Waggener Edstrom London and will report to Infosecurity group marketing manager Joy-Fleur Brettschneider.
He said the year-long brief would include attempts to appeal to the c-suite, with chief security officers a particular target.
Sugrue added that recent revelations, including reports on government internet surveillance through PRISM, would also play a role in comms.
‘There’s a need to have a balanced discussion around IT security and how we protect consumers while having sufficient security and enabling businesses to function effectively. This has implications for the business sphere as a reputational issue and the event is somewhere those debates will be taking place.’
Yvonne Eskenzi, founder of Eskenzi PR, said: ‘They were my first client when I set the business up, but it was a case of sitting down and deciding it was time to move on.’
Infosecurity Europe takes place at Earls Court, with 325 exhibitors and more than 13,000 unique visitors.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London