W's Nick Grange steps down as tech head after eight months
Nick Grange, who joined W in January to set up its tech division, has stepped down from a full-time role with the agency.
Nick Grange: Joined W in January
Grange was hired to help spearhead the agency’s new division and strengthen its social media offering, but left in recent weeks.
He joined from Apple, where he had been head of pan-European iPad PR for 18 months.
It is understood the agency is not currently seeking a replacement for Grange, who will now act as a consultant.
W founder Warren Johnson confirmed the departure, adding: "Nick has done an incredible job of setting up our technology division, which now boasts clients such as Huawei, Jambox and Siemens."
Before his time at Apple, Grange was European PR director at Activision, where he led campaigns for games including Call of Duty.
His two decades in consumer technology also included establishing the Xbox in the UK as Microsoft’s head of UK PR.
It is not known whether Grange, who could not be reached for comment, is to take up another role.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London
- Account Manager - Excellent London Agency - to £32k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £32k, West London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London