Claire Furlong to head Commonwealth Games media for Team England
Claire Furlong has been appointed head of media for England's athletes at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games as part of a contract with her consultancy 16Ten.
Claire Furlong: to head media at Commonwealth Games for Team England
Furlong left her role as head of marketing and comms at UK Athletics in June last year to found 16Ten, through which she pitched for and won the contract to run the press office in July.
She will work part-time, starting at one day a week and building to full-time during the games.
The games-time role will involve handling media operations. Her duties will include organising interviews with athletes pre-games, announcements for the 18 sports, handling medal wins, corporate communications and crisis management. She will also be recruiting a team of press officers.
Furlong will report to Commonwealth Games England chief executive Adam Paker and Jan Paterson, who has just been appointed as Team England chef de mission.
Furlong was head of marketing and communications at UK Athletics and head of communications at Vero and the English Institute of Sport. She has acted as the athletics team press chief since 2007, working for Team England at the last two Commonwealth Games.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Integrated Account Director Daniel Marks London £45-50k + Benefits, Central London
- Account Director for agency in North London Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Administrative Assistant/Project Manger Red Sofa London £28000 - £30000 per annum, City of London