Wilkinson Sword consumer work goes out to pitch
Energizer Holdings has pitched out its consumer PR work for Wilkinson Sword.
Wilkinson: Currently working with Grayling
The retained brief covers the razors part of the Wilkinson Sword range and, though UK-based, is thought to include a pan-European focus.
One well-placed PR figure said that Wilkinson Sword faced stiff competition in the male grooming market.
It is understood that Grayling, the incumbent agency, has declined to repitch.
"Wilkinson Sword has a massive competitor in the form of P&G’s Gillette, which is backed by strong advertising and PR spend," the source said.
"To counter this, Wilkinson is likely to be aiming to talk to wider audiences and creating more European-focused programmes."
Grayling declined to comment, while Energizer Holdings did not respond to requests for comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Project Manager (eCRM) Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer Apple & Ink up to £45k , Soho
- Senior Account Director Better Placed Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds