New West End Company recruits Sally Eden to replace Jace Tyrell
The company driving awareness of London's West End has hired former BBC anchor Sally Eden as its head of comms.
Sally Eden: Driving ties with China
New West End Company, which promotes and manages Bond, Oxford and Regent Streets, made the hire as it seeks to target Chinese consumers.
Eden replaces Jace Tyrrell, who is moving to lead the City & Westminster Property Associations.
She was an anchor for the BBC's World Business report until she left in 2011 to become a comms consultant.
Eden will lead on major destination consumer campaigns for London’s West End, working with the organisation’s PR and marketing agencies in the UK and China.
Her role will involve working with all key stakeholders including Westminster City Council; Greater London Authority; Transport for London; Metropolitan Police; Crossrail and London & Partners as well as more than 600 major retailers and businesses.
Eden's international experience was described as "invaluable" by New West End Company CEO Richard Dickinson, who said: "With some 25 per cent of all our visitors from overseas... we're seeking to build on that success through increased broadcast exposure internationally."
Eden set up and fronted GMTV's New York bureau for three years before joining the BBC, where she spent nearly a decade covering business and economics.
Following this, she worked as a comms consultant for organisations including the NHS and The Money Advice Service.
Eden was also part of the training team responsible for training the 70,000 Games Maker Olympic volunteers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford