TripAdvisor hires Weber Shandwick as first US agency
TripAdvisor has selected Weber Shandwick as its first PR agency partner in the US, following a competitive review.
TripAdvisor: First US agency hire
The company, which invited several agencies to pitch for the business, notified each competing shop about the choice on 19 September, TripAdvisor global communications VP Desiree Fish said, via email.
The travel brand "is starting the process of signing contracts, so at this time, it's just a selection", Fish added. She declined to disclose the other firms in the review, the contract length, or the budget.
Representatives from Weber Shandwick were not immediately available for comment.
Fish told PRWeek last month that TripAdvisor handles its communications efforts in the US internally, and the company was looking for an agency to work with its in-house team and "supplement and grow what we're doing".
TripAdvisor partners with at least 15 agencies in other parts of the world, such as Brazil, EMEA and Russia, Fish said, adding that the brand often hired "local niche agencies who have their finger on the pulse" in other markets.
Last month, TripAdvisor appointed Fish, former VP of corporate affairs and communications at American Express, as VP of global communications.
The company's free community-oriented travel site, VirtualTourist, launched an initiative in July called 8th Wonder of the World, aimed at building relationships with tourism bureaus around the globe.
Earlier this month, Weber Shandwick was named AOR for Chobani, replacing four-year incumbent FleishmanHillard.
This article originally appeared on PRWeekUS.com
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Product Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000 + car , London
- Associate Digital Account Director / Digital Client Director Twist Recruitment £0.00 - £80000 per annum, London