Damian McBride leak "worst weekend" of career, Siobhan Kenny reveals
Former government comms head Siobhan Kenny has given her side of the story after being stung by Damian McBride's press briefings.
Siobhan Kenny: Caught up in Damian McBride's story leaking
In an exclusive column for PRWeek, Kenny describes the fallout after the ex-Gordon Brown adviser gave details of criticisms of Number 10 aired by departmental comms figures at a two-day meeting in 2004.
Kenny, director of comms for the Department for Culture, Media and Sport at the time, describes being a victim of what McBride calls his first "proper dirty story".
She called the leaking, which resulted in her being named in The Sunday Times, "the worst weekend of my professional career".
Her piece comes ahead of the release of McBride's book, Power Trip, which has been serialised and includes details of smearing Labour ministers.
Kenny is currently group director of comms at HarperCollins, but will be leaving next month.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London
- Global Head of Studio and Production Creative Recruitment £65000 - £80000 per annum + Pro Rata, City of London
- Senior Digital Executive Stopgap £32000 per annum, City of London