Boxing legend Barry McGuigan and son Shane hire Noire
Boxing legend Barry McGuigan and his coach son have brought in Noire to cover PR duties.
Shane and Barry McGuigan: Hired Noire
As part of a newly created brief it will handle comms for the world champion and that of Shane McGuigan, trainer of European Bantamweight champion, Carl Frampton.
The McGuigans will be looking to Noire to help build brand awareness of the BMBA (Barry McGuigan Boxing Academy), established to promote the benefits of healthy living, particularly to children.
The consumer-facing work will also include promoting the McGuigans' gym, a purpose-built complex in Battersea, and the McGuigan training method, both overseen by Shane.
Work with the McGuigans will be managed by Noire account director Cat Lenheim, who said the purpose was to "build awareness of brand McGuigan".
"We want to leverage Barry McGuigan’s profile to talk about the initiatives they are undertaking, with work around the BMBA involving Barry going into schools.
"We are engaging with regional and local press on this and will be looking to roll it out across London, when we will be hoping to target papers like the Evening Standard and national titles."
She added that stakeholder engagement would also be part of the work, while for other initiatives within the brief consumer media such as Men’s Fitness would be targeted.
Former World Boxing Association featherweight champion Barry McGuigan retired in 1989 and was elected into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2005.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London