PLMR helps Libyan students navigate UK visa restrictions
PLMR has been hired to help Libyan students overcome visa restrictions to enable them to study in the UK.
Libya: Students keen to study in the UK
The agency has been appointed by English language education provider Berlitz, which is contracted by the Libyan government.
As part of a three-week public affairs and PR project, it will campaign to enable the first large batch of students from the country to study in the UK since the uprising against dictator Colonel Gaddafi in 2011.
The campaign will focus on a number of visa restrictions currently preventing a group of about 250 students from studying in Britain.
This includes convincing policy-makers that students should not need to prove they can pay for their tuition fees as part of the application, as they are paid for by the Libyan Ministry.
It will also target the Libyan Minister of Labour’s visit to the UK next week and national newspapers with a strong educational focus.
The PLMR team working on the account includes Ros Trinick, David Madden and Leon Emirali.
Trinick said that one area of focus would be to use the student and living fees that would be spent in the UK to highlight the financial benefit of the group being allowed to study.
She added: "We will also be highlighting the longer term issue, which is the fact that UK and Libya have a strong relationship and the UK is considered a place where you would want to study English. This is about not threatening that, as other countries are very keen to pick up big educational contracts."
Berlitz has 550 language centres in more than 60 countries worldwide.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London