Experimental vodka and premium whisky brands appoint Havas
Havas PR UK has won the PR business for two Pernod Ricard brands; spirit-based drink Oddka and the premium single malt whisky Aberlour.
Launch: Flavoured spirit-based drink Oddka
The agency won the account following a two-way pitch and will run PR, social media, digital and experiential campaigns.
The Oddka brand has been created by Polish distillers Wyborowa and will launch with five flavours in the UK in September including "Salted Caramel Popcorn", "Electricity" and "Freshly Cut Grass".
The brief is to target creative 18- to 24-year-olds who like to experiment. Havas will use the brand’s "Go odd" positioning and Oddka’s brand ambassador, an eccentric Victorian inventor called Witt Oddoski.
The agency will report to Pernod Ricard UK senior brand manager Joanna Steel and marketing controller Adam Boita.
Havas has also won a new global communications brief for Aberlour with a PR campaign to launch later this year.
The agency has been briefed to raise the brand’s profile among a global target audience of men aged 30-55, developing tools for use by Pernod Ricard affiliates worldwide and the brand’s digital and social media activity.
Havas will report to Jim Long, international PR manager at brand owner Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin business of Pernod Ricard.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London