Bordeaux kicks off multimillion-pound global wine pitch
One of the world's best known wine regions has launched a multimillion-pound global PR pitch.
Bordeaux: An emphasis on quality
Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux (CIVB), representing Bordeaux wine sellers, has kicked of a tender for work worth as much as €3m (£2.53m).
The tender encompasses work across the United States, Canada, Japan and China; key markets for the region outside the EU.
The brief forms part of wider efforts to drive growth for a region's wine industry, which grew 10 per cent in value and generated revenue of £3.7bn last year.
Split across six lots, the work is set to last three years.
The biggest single spend comes in the form of a lot worth up to €1m (£840,200) targeting experiential events across the US and Canada, while another lot covering PR targets the US specifically and is worth €350,000 (£294,000).
Meanwhile China, a market considered a prime driver of the region’s growth in wine sales, is targeted with two lots split between events and PR and worth up to €1.1m (£924,200).
Work in Japan is also split similarly, with the work worth a total of up to €600,000 (£504,120).
The Chesshire Set founder and wine comms specialist Helen Chesshire called the CIVB's work "crucial" to the success of the region and praised the commitment shown in the tender.
"To build on the message that the quality of the wines, the heritage and diversity of the region, the variable vintages, the tourism boost to the area in recent years and that the investment potential for Bordeaux is at its strongest in years is vital – and to see the commitment being focused for three years is a great message for the wine industry as a whole."
The CIVB represents 7,055 growers across a vineyard area of 112,000 hectares.
A spokeswoman for the organisation confirmed the pitch and said that the comms programme would "emphasise the quality and diversity of the Bordeaux offer."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Woburn Sands
- Senior Packaging Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Capability Manager - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames
- Web Trading Manager Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, South East England
- Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Double OTE, City of London