Webuyanycar.com responds to Twitter joke with toy car website
Car dealer webuyanycar.com has responded to a Twitter spoof by creating a website offering to purchase toy cars, webuyanytoycar.com.
Fake letter: retweeted 26,000 times
Twitter user @Jamie DMJ tweeted a fake letter from the website refusing to buy a child’s plastic car and it was retweeted 26,000 times.
Democracy PR handled the response, which has seen the creation of the new website offering to buy the first 100 Little Tikes children’s cars offered by the end of October and an accompanying Vine.
The company will donate £10 for each car to road safety charity Brake.
WebuyanyTOYcar.com is also recruiting a junior vehicle purchaser to head its new Tike division. The recruitment ad reads: "This is a perfect job for someone who knows their way around the playground and is experienced in playing with or riding toy cars. Hours: Monday - Wednesday (after school)."
A webuyanycar.com spokesman said: "We loved the hoax letter thought up by @JamieDMJ. It gave us a giggle and the engagement on Twitter has been great fun."
The current scheme only applies to Little Tikes cars, but the company said it hopes to roll out a further service covering other toy cars in the future.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London