Yogurt industry clubs together and calls in APCO
A new mouthpiece for the major players in the yogurt industry has brought in APCO as it seeks to establish a stronger foothold in the UK market.
Yogurt Council: Holding a series of events for consumers
Five leading companies in the UK market – Danone, Emmi, Lactalis Nestlé, Müller and Yoplait - have launched the Yogurt Council, the first UK industry body dedicated to promoting yogurt.
APCO has been brought in following a competitive pitch as the organisation works to raise awareness about yogurt and its importance for a healthy lifestyle.
APCO’s work is being led by Stephanie Lvovich, executive director and head of APCO’s food and consumer products practice. The brief will run until the end of 2014.
She said: "This is being seen as a chance to grow the market. There’s a huge opportunity in the wake of growing concern around obesity and this is a product category that should be going through the roof."
The Yogurt Council plans to host a series of events for consumers and stakeholders as part of its awareness-raising campaign.
The organisation will also form an Expert Group, which will advise on all nutrition information provided to consumers.
"The industry recognised there has been no collective voice for yogurt's benefits and the initial five members of the Yogurt Council very much hope membership will grow to represent other business over time", said Richard Hall, chairman of the Yogurt Council.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford