Qatar Airways hands UK account to Perowne Charles Communications
Qatar Airways has appointed Perowne Charles Communications (PCC) as it positions itself as a global player.
Qatar Airways: Set to join Oneworld
PRWeek understands that the agency has won a pitch and is now handling the six-figure UK account, which covers the airline's entire UK activity and was previously with The Brighter Group.
The appointment comes ahead of Qatar Airways joining the Oneworld coalition of airlines, which also includes British Airways and American Airlines among others, at the end of the month.
It is also set to be rehoused in the $15bn Hamad International Airport, which will have the capacity to manage 28 million passengers – an increase of 7 million on the current Doha International Terminal – but has been hit by delays.
One well-placed agency source saw the moves as a significant step in broadening the company’s global horizons.
"The move helps propel Qatar Airways on to the international stage, helping it in its challenge to break out from being seen as Middle Eastern player to a global one. The work is likely to play into this, and highlight how it connects people, taking on Dubai as a travel hub."
The airline’s drive to prominence was highlighted in March with a £25m per year sponsorship deal with football club Barcelona.
Both PCC and Qatar Airways declined to comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London