Sony in European hunt for b2b support amid strategic shift
Sony's professional audiovisual technology arm is holding chemistry talks with agencies this week as it seeks to enhance its digital and insight capabilities.
Sony's 3D shoot of Wimbledon in 2011 was promoted by Bite
Sony Professional Solutions provides technology such as video cameras, microphones and displays to business customers.
The incumbent agency on the UK and Europe account is Bite Communications, which is involved in the talks.
A Sony spokeswoman said: "This repitch is mainly due to major shift in Sony Professional’s strategy with an enhanced focus on digital and insight, as well as simple good business practice: after five years of good collaboration with our current agency, we are keen to make sure we continue to work with the best people and talent."
The contest is the latest in a series of Sony pitches this year, with Sony Entertainment Network handing Shine a European brief last month.
The Japanese company's other UK divisions also handed Fever PlayStation 4 work, including the launch of the console, and split the consumer electronics brief between Consolidated, Margaret and Hope&Glory.
Sony is looking to bounce back from a difficult few years and in May posted a net profit of £280 million – up from a £2.9 billion loss the previous year.
However, in the same month 40 of its senior executives gave up bonuses worth up to 50 per cent of their salary after failing to make the company’s consumer electronics business profitable.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London