Albany Associates brought in for £207m Nairobi infrastructure project
Albany Associates has been hired to support a World Bank-backed investment plan intended to transform the infrastructure of Kenya's capital Nairobi.
Nairobi: Redevelopment plan includes transport systems
It has been handed a 12-week project developing a stakeholder engagement plan amid efforts to improve the city’s core infrastructure.
The five-year $330 million (£207 million) Nairobi Metropolitan Services Improvement Project (NAMSIP) has been funded to the tune of $300 million (£188 million) by the World Bank.
Areas covered as part of the overall redevelopment include waste management, transport systems, sanitation and water supply.
Work will be overseen by the Nairobi Ministry for Metropolitan Development and led by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Kenya, which subcontracted the initial stakeholder engagement work to Albany.
Albany will focus on stakeholder analysis and identifying key messages as part of drawing up a longer-term strategy.
Agency MD Dieter Loraine explained that he would be part of a team of three drawing up advice for the ministry on how to engage with stakeholders
He said: "The city has grown up without anyone planning it, and it was decided this needed to be addressed. It’s critical to the development of not just the city but the country too.
"It’s about helping the ministry understand the value of two-way communications and the importance of listening to stakeholders. It’s possible with a project such as this that things will necessarily get worse before they get better, so it’s about grassroots comms and explaining why this is."
Nairobi, which has a population of more than three million, was hit by a terror attack last month resulting in the deaths of at least 67 people.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands