Virgin Trains and Fishburn Hedges scoop PRWeek Campaign of the Year
Virgin Trains and Fishburn Hedges' successful campaign to save the brand's rail franchise has won Campaign of the Year at the PRWeek Awards 2013.
The pair ran a fierce and unrelenting campaign to force the Government to u-turn on its decision to award the West Coast Mainline rail franchise to rival First Group, following a lengthy procurement process.
The campaign generated serious scrutiny of the Government’s decision by the media, politicians and the public.
Within seven weeks, the Department for Transport had cancelled the procurement process due to the discovery of "significant technical flaws" and Virgin Trains has now had its rail franchise extended.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London