Devon and Somerset councils establish joint PR roster
Devon and Somerset county councils have created their first joint PR roster as part of efforts to generate investment and jobs in the South West.
Dawlish, Devon: The roster will help support efforts to increase investment and tourism
The roster, which also includes agencies across design, media planning, broadcast, web development and market research, is worth up to £2m.
Grayling, Seashell Communications and JBP are the new PR entrants to the line-up, replacing Golley Slater and Admiral PR, while Coast Communications and Kor Communications successfully repitched.
Devon County Council marketing and comms manager Sam Hill said: "Key areas for us will include public health due to our ageing population, so that’s likely to cover issues such as dementia and winter flu jabs.
"There’s also a need to encourage growth, and promote the job opportunities we have here in areas like tourism, construction and technology. We want to drive forward these opportunities so we don’t have an outward migration of our skilled workforce to look for jobs elsewhere."
All local authorities in Devon will be able to use the roster for the first time, in a move reflecting wider efforts to unify public sector comms regionally.
Hill added: "It’s about working more efficiently, and being more co-ordinated in our approach. The move of responsibility for public health to councils this summer shows how the lines are blurring between authorities so there’s a need to share forces and budgets."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London