Nespresso in agency talks over international strategy
The brand that has led the way in the capsule coffee market is in closed talks with a small number of international PR agencies as it seeks strategic insight.
George Clooney: The frontman for Nespresso
The new brief, understood to be worth a mid-six-figure sum, will not affect Nespresso's relationship with Weber Shandwick, which includes handling global social media duties.
Nespresso is fronted by film star George Clooney and has driven growth in the coffee capsule and coffee-maker market.
However, its success has attracted competitors with the Nestle-owned $4.4bn (£2.7bn) brand, although efforts to obtain a definite sales ban on producers of copycat coffee capsules have so far been unsuccessful.
The brief revolves around a specific, though undisclosed, initiative aimed at strengthening the business.
One well-placed source said the work was focused on "helping with an overarching strategy" across a wide range of markets.
"It has lots of products and global coffees," they added. "It's about what concept it wants to link it all together."
This summer Nespresso assembled its first board of experts to advise it on a long-term sustainability strategy.
Earlier this month YouTube made it the first European partner for a scheme aimed at providing brands with the tools and training to improve their content on the site.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London