EDF Energy enlists The Red Consultancy to help bring public onside
EDF Energy has moved its UK consumer work from Weber Shandwick to The Red Consultancy amid intensifying public anger over rising bills.
EDF Energy: seeking to engage with customers, aided by mascot Zingy
The agency has been handed a three-year brief, previously held by Weber Shandwick, following a four-way pitch battle.
It will be tasked with helping EDF Energy build trust with consumers, promoting its products and bringing to life its ‘Feel Better Energy’ brand proposition.
The hire comes with the cost of energy at the top of the news agenda, and the 'big six' energy firms – including EDF - coming under fire from both the public and politicians.
Following Labour’s pledge to freeze energy bills, David Cameron has now said he will "roll back" the environmental charges that push up bills.
EDF, meanwhile, earlier this month indicated it would freeze energy prices until the end of next year.
Isobel Coney, MD, Consumer (Play) at Red will lead the work and report to Andrew Brown, EDF's brand, sustainability and external comms director.
Coney said: "It’s a very complex industry and one that in the past has not necessarily done itself justice when it comes to communicating what it does in way that truly engages with people. EDF Energy wants to behave differently [to other energy companies] and that’s a narrative we can help it articulate."
Red will also provide support on day-to-day press office activity and build awareness of the company’s sustainability work, education programme and apprenticeship schemes.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- POS Ideation Designer STI Group Salary will be commensurate with age and experience, Gillinghham