Ketchum cuts UK healthcare jobs amid loss of global head Amanda Sefton
Ketchum's healthcare division has been hit by a double blow with the resignation of its global head Amanda Sefton and a slew of UK job cuts.
Amanda Sefton: Leaving Ketchum later this month
Sefton told PRWeek she had resigned to pursue her "dream" of going into the wine trade. She is leaving later this month after just over a year in the role and will be replaced on an interim basis by senior partner Lorranie Thelian.
Meanwhile the UK healthcare team is facing six redundancies, which are thought to impact on a number of senior, longstanding employees and will reduce its size to around 30 staff.
They are understood to have been prompted by the growing scarcity of big-money retainers, with the agency looking to develop talent with experience in project and digital work.
The redundancies are thought to be unrelated to Sefton’s departure.
A spokesman for Ketchum said that the agency was "sorry to see Amanda go" and said it was "consulting with six employees about a new staffing structure that is less top-heavy".
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham