Ketchum cuts UK healthcare jobs amid loss of global head Amanda Sefton
Ketchum's healthcare division has been hit by a double blow with the resignation of its global head Amanda Sefton and a slew of UK job cuts.
Amanda Sefton: Leaving Ketchum later this month
Sefton told PRWeek she had resigned to pursue her "dream" of going into the wine trade. She is leaving later this month after just over a year in the role and will be replaced on an interim basis by senior partner Lorranie Thelian.
Meanwhile the UK healthcare team is facing six redundancies, which are thought to impact on a number of senior, longstanding employees and will reduce its size to around 30 staff.
They are understood to have been prompted by the growing scarcity of big-money retainers, with the agency looking to develop talent with experience in project and digital work.
The redundancies are thought to be unrelated to Sefton’s departure.
A spokesman for Ketchum said that the agency was "sorry to see Amanda go" and said it was "consulting with six employees about a new staffing structure that is less top-heavy".
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East