United Biscuits appoints 3 Monkeys to wide-ranging brief
Confectionery and snacks company United Biscuits has appointed 3 Monkeys to work on its UK consumer, CSR and corporate PR following a hotly contested pitch.
McVitie's: one of the United Biscuits brands
The agency won the six-figure account in a five-way pitch involving a number of international agencies, which 3 Monkeys chief monkey Angie Moxham dubbed "the most contested FMCG pitch of the year".
United Biscuits is Britain’s biggest maker of branded sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks and its brands include McVitie’s, Jacob’s crackers and Jaffa Cakes.
There is no incumbent agency, with PR previously handled in-house. The review kicked off in September and was led by McVitie’s brand director Matthew Brown with support from Roth Observatory International.
It followed the arrival in April of chief executive Martin Glenn, who is driving a business growth strategy that the PR campaign will support. "As a CEO he is very supportive of PR, championing it at board level, and he has been very present throughout the process," said Moxham.
Glenn joined the company from previous CEO roles at Birds Eye Iglo, PepsiCo and Walkers Snack Foods, where he brought in Gary Lineker as the face of Walker’s Crisps.
Mischief is among the agencies the company has worked with in the past, winning a brief for the Jaffa Cakes brand last year.
United Biscuits appointed ad agency Grey London in August.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London