United Biscuits appoints 3 Monkeys to wide-ranging brief
Confectionery and snacks company United Biscuits has appointed 3 Monkeys to work on its UK consumer, CSR and corporate PR following a hotly contested pitch.
McVitie's: one of the United Biscuits brands
The agency won the six-figure account in a five-way pitch involving a number of international agencies, which 3 Monkeys chief monkey Angie Moxham dubbed "the most contested FMCG pitch of the year".
United Biscuits is Britain’s biggest maker of branded sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks and its brands include McVitie’s, Jacob’s crackers and Jaffa Cakes.
There is no incumbent agency, with PR previously handled in-house. The review kicked off in September and was led by McVitie’s brand director Matthew Brown with support from Roth Observatory International.
It followed the arrival in April of chief executive Martin Glenn, who is driving a business growth strategy that the PR campaign will support. "As a CEO he is very supportive of PR, championing it at board level, and he has been very present throughout the process," said Moxham.
Glenn joined the company from previous CEO roles at Birds Eye Iglo, PepsiCo and Walkers Snack Foods, where he brought in Gary Lineker as the face of Walker’s Crisps.
Mischief is among the agencies the company has worked with in the past, winning a brief for the Jaffa Cakes brand last year.
United Biscuits appointed ad agency Grey London in August.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London