Beats Electronics hands European brief to John Doe
Headphones company Beats Electronics has brought in John Doe as it prepares to launch a music streaming service to rival Spotify.
Beats Electronics: Launching a music streaming service
The agency has been brought on board to cover consumer work and strategy for the company across Europe alongside retained marcoms incumbent Slam UK.
The hire comes as the Dr Dre-founded business expands its offer across the music sector with the launch of online music streaming service Beats Music in January.
One agency figure with insight into the industry said the brand was looking to push beyond being seen as a maker of headphones: "It will be about extending knowledge of its product range, and showing it is a music company in a broad sense."
It is understood John Doe started work with the tie-in of the brand to the launch of Tinie Tempah’s new album Demonstration.
A spokeswoman for the company said: "Beats by Dre is increasing its European roster following a review of its ongoing PR needs and as part of this John Doe has been added."
Beats revealed in March that it had secured a $60m (£36.6m) investment for the service, with the company as a whole valued at more than $1bn earlier this year following the sale of a stake to the Carlyle Group.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Account Executive Lipton Fleming £22000 - £28000 per annum + Commission , London
- Account Executive AF Selection Up to £22,000, West Midlands