US takeover prompts Addison Lee PR hunt
London minicab company Addison Lee has put Ogilvy PR on alert as it seeks to expand the business following a £300m US takeover.
Addison Lee: Looking to grow its business
The firm, which has more than 4,500 vehicles across the capital, has put an RFI out through AAR as part of a closed process.
It follows US-based equity firm The Carlyle Group snapping up a majority stake in the business estimated to be worth £300m.
A spokesman for Addison Lee pointed to the US deal as a reason for the review, which sees Ogilvy repitching for a newly expanded brief after picking up the work last July.
The comms account will be extended beyond its current corporate focus, with stronger consumer and digital elements.
"Following the investment we’re seeking to expand the business so we’re looking at an bigger brief and more involvement in social media," he added.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London