US takeover prompts Addison Lee PR hunt
London minicab company Addison Lee has put Ogilvy PR on alert as it seeks to expand the business following a £300m US takeover.
Addison Lee: Looking to grow its business
The firm, which has more than 4,500 vehicles across the capital, has put an RFI out through AAR as part of a closed process.
It follows US-based equity firm The Carlyle Group snapping up a majority stake in the business estimated to be worth £300m.
A spokesman for Addison Lee pointed to the US deal as a reason for the review, which sees Ogilvy repitching for a newly expanded brief after picking up the work last July.
The comms account will be extended beyond its current corporate focus, with stronger consumer and digital elements.
"Following the investment we’re seeking to expand the business so we’re looking at an bigger brief and more involvement in social media," he added.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham