US takeover prompts Addison Lee PR hunt
London minicab company Addison Lee has put Ogilvy PR on alert as it seeks to expand the business following a £300m US takeover.
Addison Lee: Looking to grow its business
The firm, which has more than 4,500 vehicles across the capital, has put an RFI out through AAR as part of a closed process.
It follows US-based equity firm The Carlyle Group snapping up a majority stake in the business estimated to be worth £300m.
A spokesman for Addison Lee pointed to the US deal as a reason for the review, which sees Ogilvy repitching for a newly expanded brief after picking up the work last July.
The comms account will be extended beyond its current corporate focus, with stronger consumer and digital elements.
"Following the investment we’re seeking to expand the business so we’re looking at an bigger brief and more involvement in social media," he added.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London