Virgin Active in dual agency hire for corporate, consumer and social media brief
Gym chain Virgin Active has appointed Hope&Glory and Headland Consultancy to an integrated corporate and consumer PR and social media brief.
Virgin Active: appointed agencies
The Hope&Glory team, led by managing partners Jo Carr and James Gordon-MacIntosh, will now work alongside Headland partners Suzanne Morris and Dan Smith in a brief that spans consumer press office, campaigns, social media, corporate communications and public affairs.
The team will also be tasked with Virgin Active’s UK press office duties as well as the UK’s corporate and trade media activity. Alongside press office activity, the agencies will also facilitate a new brand campaign launching in 2014 and will work to deliver a CSR platform.
Gordon-MacIntosh said: "There is huge opportunity from a consumer media perspective to engage with a wider range of media, to create bigger campaigns that will help communicate the Virgin Active difference to a wider audience beyond the doors of the clubs."
Both agencies will report to Virgin Active’s head of external affairs Laura Dalgleish, who oversaw the pitch.
Morris added: "Virgin Active transformed the health and fitness industry when it launched and has big plans for continued growth through innovation and further investment in its clubs. We’re really excited to be working with the Virgin Active team and Hope&Glory to take the story of this business on to a wider stage."
Last month Virgin Active split with its consumer agency Beige PR following a five-year partnership. The agency declined to repitch for the business due to the new corporate element in the brief.
Pendomer Communications, which currently handles financial comms for Virgin Active Group, is not affected by the review.
Virgin Active was founded in 1999 and now has 1.5 million members and 272 clubs in eight separate countries worldwide.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London