Virgin Active in dual agency hire for corporate, consumer and social media brief
Gym chain Virgin Active has appointed Hope&Glory and Headland Consultancy to an integrated corporate and consumer PR and social media brief.
Virgin Active: appointed agencies
The Hope&Glory team, led by managing partners Jo Carr and James Gordon-MacIntosh, will now work alongside Headland partners Suzanne Morris and Dan Smith in a brief that spans consumer press office, campaigns, social media, corporate communications and public affairs.
The team will also be tasked with Virgin Active’s UK press office duties as well as the UK’s corporate and trade media activity. Alongside press office activity, the agencies will also facilitate a new brand campaign launching in 2014 and will work to deliver a CSR platform.
Gordon-MacIntosh said: "There is huge opportunity from a consumer media perspective to engage with a wider range of media, to create bigger campaigns that will help communicate the Virgin Active difference to a wider audience beyond the doors of the clubs."
Both agencies will report to Virgin Active’s head of external affairs Laura Dalgleish, who oversaw the pitch.
Morris added: "Virgin Active transformed the health and fitness industry when it launched and has big plans for continued growth through innovation and further investment in its clubs. We’re really excited to be working with the Virgin Active team and Hope&Glory to take the story of this business on to a wider stage."
Last month Virgin Active split with its consumer agency Beige PR following a five-year partnership. The agency declined to repitch for the business due to the new corporate element in the brief.
Pendomer Communications, which currently handles financial comms for Virgin Active Group, is not affected by the review.
Virgin Active was founded in 1999 and now has 1.5 million members and 272 clubs in eight separate countries worldwide.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London