H+K Strategies' Ian Withington takes group managing director role
Hill+Knowlton Strategies UK has expanded the responsibilities of Ian Withington to group managing director adding to his responsibilities as managing director of the agency's food and drink team and adding retail and leisure to his brief.
H+K Strategies group managing director Ian Withington
The change follows the resignation of Flic Howard Allen, the previous managing director of retail and leisure, in August.
Howard Allen is to take up the post of head of external affairs at Associated British Foods, the owner of Primark, AB Sugar and Twinings, in January.
Withington, who has been leading the agency’s TUI account for the past year, said: "This is a natural extension for me. I am looking forward to shaping the retail and leisure team over the coming months and years."
Richard Millar, president and chief executive of H+K Strategies UK + Europe, said: "Ian is a brilliant leader of clients and teams. His creativity and track record in developing campaigns that win hearts and minds will be valuable to our stable of clients in the retail and leisure sector. He’s one of H+K’s most accomplished story tellers.
"I would also like to thank Flic for her commitment and contribution to our business and wish her well in her prestigious new role at ABF."
Withington’s expanded role is effective immediately.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading