H+K Strategies' Ian Withington takes group managing director role
Hill+Knowlton Strategies UK has expanded the responsibilities of Ian Withington to group managing director adding to his responsibilities as managing director of the agency's food and drink team and adding retail and leisure to his brief.
H+K Strategies group managing director Ian Withington
The change follows the resignation of Flic Howard Allen, the previous managing director of retail and leisure, in August.
Howard Allen is to take up the post of head of external affairs at Associated British Foods, the owner of Primark, AB Sugar and Twinings, in January.
Withington, who has been leading the agency’s TUI account for the past year, said: "This is a natural extension for me. I am looking forward to shaping the retail and leisure team over the coming months and years."
Richard Millar, president and chief executive of H+K Strategies UK + Europe, said: "Ian is a brilliant leader of clients and teams. His creativity and track record in developing campaigns that win hearts and minds will be valuable to our stable of clients in the retail and leisure sector. He’s one of H+K’s most accomplished story tellers.
"I would also like to thank Flic for her commitment and contribution to our business and wish her well in her prestigious new role at ABF."
Withington’s expanded role is effective immediately.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Partnerships Manager Lipton Fleming £20000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus , London