Debenhams PR director Ed Watson quits for new global role at N Brown
Online, catalogue and stores clothing retailer N Brown Group has hired Debenhams director of PR Ed Watson as director of global communications.
Ed Watson: "his remit is global from the outset"
The role is a new one, created by CEO Angela Spindler as part of a planned strategy to improve the profile of the group’s brands, which include Jacamo, Simply Be and Gray & Osbourn.
Watson will join in spring 2014 and take charge of all communications for the group, working out of its Manchester office.
Spindler, who has worked with Watson before at Asda and Debenhams, joined N Brown July this year.
She said: "His remit is global from the outset and key in our strategy to make N Brown’s brands famous. We have really well developed capabilities in creating fashion that properly fits and flatters our customers and we intend to develop and drive this as a platform for our external communication."
At Debenhams Watson has been in charge of promoting the business’ growing brands portfolio, social media and its charity strategy as well as supporting its international franchise stores in 25 countries.
He has worked to position the retailer as more inclusive to women and is a member of the Government’s Body Confidence Advisory Committee.
This included introducing older and more diverse models and size 16 mannequins as well as banning the use of re-touching images to alter body shape.
Earlier in his career he held roles at Asda and George at Asda, where he oversaw communications for the launch of the George at Asda brand around the globe in countries where Asda parent WalMart is active.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London