Don't just sit there - do something!
PRWeek is launching a dedicated mentoring scheme for the female PR leaders of tomorrow.
The figures are startling. PR is a largely female business at the coalface (65% of the industry’s employees are women, according to the latest PR Census), and a healthy 32% of agencies in our Top 150 are led by women. But of the largest 20 agencies, the multinationals that employ a large proportion of the industry’s staff, only four (20%) are run by women.
This disparity, highlighted in our article in October lies at the heart of the launch of our mentoring scheme for the next generation of female comms leaders. We know that there are many women in the industry with the character, brains, grit and grace to hold the reins of power within the industry’s biggest businesses (and we’re also extending this to in-house comms departments).
But the pressures of blending work and family, plus ambivalence (both personal and societal) about being a woman in power seem to be currently persuading ever-greater numbers of our brightest and best to not even consider going for the top jobs.
15 of the most senior women in the industry are happily giving their time to this project, in order to aid women with potential to lead agencies and in-house departments reach these positions.
PRWeek has now opened the scheme for applications. Find out more about the project and how you can apply to work with one of our mentors.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London