Huntsworth folds US agency Atomic into Grayling
PR and healthcare agency Huntsworth is merging Atomic, the US agency it acquired in 2011, into Grayling with effect from 1 January.
Grayling global chief executive Pete Pedersen: "additional critical mass"
The integration of Atomic's six US offices will enlarge Grayling's presence across the Atlantic.
Atomic was acquired from co-founders Andy Getsey and James Hannon and a number of minority shareholders for $13.3m (£8.3m). Huntworth has reached a new agreement on their earn-out payments that defers a sum of £2.
Getsey and Hannon will have senior roles at Grayling US under recently installed chief executive Peter Harris, who was previously with MSLGroup.
Getsey will assume the role of executive vice-president, and Hannon will serve as Grayling's chief data strategist. They will also co-chair the Grayling US technology practice.
Grayling will now have offices in New York, Washington, D.C., Tallahassee, Denver, Seattle, Sacramento, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County.
Pete Pedersen, chief executive officer of Grayling, said: "Integrating Atomic gives Grayling US additional critical mass in PR, social media and digital, as well as significant expertise in the use of data to guide strategy and creative. We're delighted to welcome Atomic into the Grayling group."
Getsey said: "We're very proud that the Atomic team accomplished its goal of becoming one of the best and most innovative mid-sized PR firms in the digital era. As Grayling, we look forward to helping create an innovative national and global multi-disciplinary communications powerhouse."
Grayling was founded in 1981 and specialises in data for digital marketing, public relations, government affairs and investor relations. It has 54 offices in 26 countries worldwide across Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Freelance Mid-Senior Digital Project Manager's required Source £200 - £350 per day, London