RSPCA enlists Forster for global fight against animal testing
The RSPCA has brought in comms firepower to help take its battle against animal testing global.
Animal testing: The RSPCA is seeking to leverage a recent EU ban
The charity has hired Forster Communications as it seeks to leverage a series of moves clamping down on the use of animal testing within the EU.
Eloise Shavelar, campaign manager for the RSPCA, pointed to the complete ban on the sale of cosmetics developed through animal testing that was introduced in March.
"This is the latest in a series of bans across the EU and represents the closing of a final loophole," she said.
"However, this doesn’t mean products in the EU are produced by cruelty-free companies, as some may still be testing on animals elsewhere in the world."
Shavelar explained that the one-year brief, which followed a pitch, would see Forster working with the charity to "springboard off the ban" in an effort to persuade companies to stop such testing beyond the EU.
This will include initially approaching cosmetics companies about their practices before focusing on getting media influencers and the consumer to apply pressure.
"This will involve everyone from RSPCA supporters through to influencing beauty bloggers," she added.
Last month PRWeek revealed that the charity was mapping out a ten-year strategy as it attempted to broaden public understanding of its work.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1