BAE Systems appoints Claire Divver to lead comms role
BAE Systems has hired Claire Divver as group comms director reporting to CEO Ian King.
The Tornado fighter plane: Made by BAE
She will join the group early in the New Year and will be a member of the BAE Systems executive committee.
Divver was formerly general manager of group corporate affairs for Xstrata where she was responsible for the global comms of the multinational mining group.
She joined Xstrata in 2004 and was a board member of Xstrata Nickel, one of Xstrata’s five global commodity business units.
King said: "[Claire] is an outstanding candidate, with extensive international experience, and will make a great contribution to our business."
Divver said: "BAE Systems is at the forefront of innovation in technology and engineering, has a pre-eminent position in the aerospace, defence and security industry and plays an important role in the communities in which it operates. I am very much looking forward to joining the team."
She replaces Charlotte Lambkin, who left BAE Systems this July to take up the post of corporate relations director at drinks manufacturer Diageo, replacing veteran comms head Ian Wright.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London