Inferno acquired by DraftFCB to enable agency to "deploy globally"
Interpublic Group agency DraftFCB has acquired independent marketing, PR and social media shop Inferno.
Inferno deal: carried out by Inferno's Frazer Gibney (left) and DraftFCB's Carter Murray
Inferno founding partner and CEO Frazer Gibney will run the combined agency, with Inferno founding partner Tim Doust and chief creative officer Al Young retaining their roles post-deal.
The merger includes the departure of Kate Howe, DraftFCB’s London president and regional European president, and David Harris, creative director of the agency.
The newly merged company is understood to have been in discussion for more than a year and will initially be called Inferno & DraftFCB. A new management structure will be announced next month.
Inferno counts among its clients broadcaster BSkyB, online platform Skype and mobile phone company Nokia.
Carter Murray, worldwide CEO of DraftFCB who joined the agency in September from Y&R North America, said: "Inferno and DraftFCB’s combined capabilities and instant critical mass will enable the agency to better service global clients and grow more quickly organically."
Gibney said: "The merger with DraftFCB’s UK office creates an agency with enhanced capabilities globally and locally. It’s a natural next step for an agency with global ambitions to join a premier league network."
He added that the deal would "now enable the agency to deploy globally".
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London