Bell Pottinger ups lobby clout with hire of Tetra Strategy's Jamie Lyons
Bell Pottinger has poached former News of the World deputy political editor Jamie Lyons from Tetra Strategy.
Jamie Lyons: Heading to Bell Pottinger
Lyons will join the agency in January as a partner following nearly two years at Tetra Strategy, which he joined in the wake of the closure of the News UK-owned Sunday tabloid in 2011.
In his role as head of media at Tetra Strategy, Lyons led the media campaign against government plans to introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol.
Before this, his fifteen-year career in journalism included five and a half years at the News of the World and seven years at the Press Association.
Tim Collins, chairman of Bell Pottinger's political practice, said: "Jamie brings an insider's knowledge of the Parliamentary lobby. Political journalists are the most likely to secure prominent coverage for their stories.
"Jamie's experience and insight into the workings of the lobby will help our clients navigate the most influential group of journalists on Fleet Street."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London