Bell Pottinger ups lobby clout with hire of Tetra Strategy's Jamie Lyons
Bell Pottinger has poached former News of the World deputy political editor Jamie Lyons from Tetra Strategy.
Jamie Lyons: Heading to Bell Pottinger
Lyons will join the agency in January as a partner following nearly two years at Tetra Strategy, which he joined in the wake of the closure of the News UK-owned Sunday tabloid in 2011.
In his role as head of media at Tetra Strategy, Lyons led the media campaign against government plans to introduce a minimum unit price for alcohol.
Before this, his fifteen-year career in journalism included five and a half years at the News of the World and seven years at the Press Association.
Tim Collins, chairman of Bell Pottinger's political practice, said: "Jamie brings an insider's knowledge of the Parliamentary lobby. Political journalists are the most likely to secure prominent coverage for their stories.
"Jamie's experience and insight into the workings of the lobby will help our clients navigate the most influential group of journalists on Fleet Street."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London