Brunswick founder Alan Parker recieves knighthood in New Year Honours list
The chairman and founder of financial PR firm Brunswick, Alan Parker, has received a knighthood as part of the New Year Honours list.
Parker: awarded a knighthood
The close confidant of Prime Minister David Cameron founded Brunswick in 1987. The agency has a roster of clients including BP and EDF Energy and was recently awarded the PR duties for embattled mining company Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation. Parker was awarded his knighthood for services to business, charitable giving and philanthropy.
Parker is a UK business ambassador, a global ambassador for the School of African and Oriental Studies, chairman of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh’s Commonwealth Study Conferences and chairman of Save the Children UK, the international children’s charity.
He learned his craft at Broad Street Associates under founder and industry luminary Brian Basham and is friends with top-level politicians from both sides of the House. The Prime Minister was his special guest at his 50th birthday party and a holiday guest of Parker in 2008. The former prime minister Gordon Brown is also godfather to Parker's son William.
Parker had an unusual entry into the realm of PR, counting oilrig worker and rock band manager among his first jobs.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London