PRCA moves to strengthen advertising links with apprenticeship scheme
The PRCA has joined up with an apprenticeship scheme run by the Institute of Practitioners of Advertising (IPA) as the first of a number of moves to improve links with the advertising industry planned for this year.
IPA apprentice scheme: linking up with PRCA
The PR industry body has joined the IPA/Metro Creative Pioneers Challenge, which will involve offering a 12-month apprenticeship programme with PR agencies.
PRCA comms director Matt Cartmell said this was the first collaboration with the IPA, and reflects the cross boundary nature of comms.
"We definitely have further plans coming up this year that will reflect the closeness of the industries," he said. "We’ll be looking to create relationships with other industry bodies in a similar position to the PRCA."
The Creative Pioneers Challenge has been running for two years offering paid apprenticeship opportunities for school leavers in advertising and media agencies and the PRCA is hoping to raise the profile of its own apprenticeship scheme with the arrangement.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London