TheCityUK appoints Nicky Edwards as public affairs head
TheCityUK, a mouthpiece for UK financial services, has appointed Nicky Edwards as director of policy and public affairs.
Nicky Edwards: Previously worked at Just Retirement
Edwards replaces Howard Miller at the independent membership body and will work alongside TheCityUK CEO Chris Cummings and chairman Gerry Grimstone.
She joins TheCityUK from Just Retirement, where she was head of public affairs during the group’s initial public offering and listing on the FTSE 250.
At Just Retirement Nicky also launched a campaign to influence public policy on the use of housing equity, and positioned the group as a leading voice on retirement finance and care funding.
She has previously held roles as head of public affairs for The Law Society and the General Social Care Council.
A spokesman for TheCityUK said the role would involve "championing UK financial and related professional services at home and overseas to facilitate economic growth, as well as promoting London and the wider UK as the most competitive location for international financial institutions."
Alongside hiring Edwards, the body has also handed its former CFO Marcus Scott the role of COO.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton