US challenger MWW sets up public affairs offering under Simon Gentry
MWW, the new entrant to the UK PR agency market, is to launch a public affairs practice in the UK and Brussels, headed by former Good Relations director Simon Gentry.
Simon Gentry: former head of Euopean affairs at ABI
MWW, one of the top five independent PR firms in the United States, bought its way into the UK market in November by acquiring London-based Parys Communications.
Gentry's arrival from Good Relations brings MWW two clients he has worked for over a number of years: the ATM Industry Association and ATM provider Cash Zone.
Patrick Herridge, UK MD of MWW, said: "Simon has an incredible track record and excellent reputation for intelligent, successful public affairs campaigns and he’s going to be a great addition to the team. Expanding into public affairs is going to enable us to reach into new markets while enhancing our existing corporate offer to clients in a range of vertical sectors."
Prior to his role at Good Relations Gentry spent nearly a decade running his own PR company, Campbell Gentry, and before that was head of European affairs at the Association of British Insurers. He has worked for clients including GlaxoSmithKline, Visa, Danone and Microsoft.
Herridge added that the creation of a public affairs arm was likely to be followed by a strengthening of MWW's consumer tech offer.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London