"Slow and old-fashioned" CIPR set for overhaul by new CEO
The CIPR is to reduce its staff numbers from 38 to 32 in the coming months and attempt to modernise the way it is governed by its membership, under proposals put forward by new chief executive Alastair McCapra.
Alastair McCapra: wants CIPR to be "leaner and more responsive"
In a message to CIPR members sent out today, McCapra said he had opened a consultation with CIPR staff on a restructure of the sectretariat, and the job cuts would be made if his proposals go ahead.
"This will reverse a trend we have seen in recent years for staff members to steadily increase," he said.
He added that plans to improve the way the institute is managed were being brought forward, and the CIPR would "move away from being a central provider of services towards a lighter, more networked organisation".
He said: "The structures we have in place now are top-heavy, slow, and old-fashioned. In a couple of weeks Council will be working on proposals for a new structure which is leaner, more responsive and more businesslike."
He also announced plans to make the organisation less London-centric, including appointing a permanent representative in Scotland and holding this year's AGM in Manchester.
In addition, charges for membership of more than two CIPR groups have been abolished, to encourage members to develop a broad range of knowledge.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London