GolinHarris wins Johnnie Walker Western Europe brief
Drinks company Diageo has appointed GolinHarris to handle consumer PR and social media for whisky brand Johnnie Walker across the UK and Western Europe.
Johnnie Walker: appointed GolinHarris for Western Europe
The award of the ongoing retained brief, understood to be worth a significant six-figure sum, follows a competitive pitch at the end of last year.
The work will cover all of Western Europe, where the key markets are the UK and Germany.
It does not include the ‘super and ultra deluxe’ variants of the brand. The company awarded a luxury spirits UK brief to The Communications Store and Bacchus PR last year.
Edelman had provided PR support on a project basis up until last summer and did not pitch for the work.
The win sees GolinHarris strengthen its relationship with Diageo after winning the consumer PR brief for Smirnoff vodka from Splendid in February 2013.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London