M&C Saatchi PR nets ticket reseller Viagogo
Viagogo, one of the world's largest online ticket resale platforms, has appointed M&C Saatchi PR to handle its UK consumer PR, PRWeek understands.
Viagogo: a major player in ticket sales (Credit: Thinkstock)
The appointment follows a four-way pitch for the retained account, which moves from Eulogy after four years. Eulogy declined to repitch.
Viagogo is believed to have taken a substantial portion of the account in-house, almost halving the agency budget from £200,000 to closer to £100,000 a year.
The business has experienced rapid growth since its launch in 2006. Its founder Eric Baker recently claimed it was selling around $500m worth of tickets across 50 countries annually.
However, like its rivals it has come under fire for being a platform for "scalping", whereby online touts buy up large amount of tickets and sell them at inflated rates.
In 2012 Viagogo poached Matthew Freud’s right-hand man Oli Wheeler to head up its global comms. It finished working with Freuds, which had handled corporate work since the company’s launch, at the end of 2012.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London