M&C Saatchi PR nets ticket reseller Viagogo
Viagogo, one of the world's largest online ticket resale platforms, has appointed M&C Saatchi PR to handle its UK consumer PR, PRWeek understands.
Viagogo: a major player in ticket sales (Credit: Thinkstock)
The appointment follows a four-way pitch for the retained account, which moves from Eulogy after four years. Eulogy declined to repitch.
Viagogo is believed to have taken a substantial portion of the account in-house, almost halving the agency budget from £200,000 to closer to £100,000 a year.
The business has experienced rapid growth since its launch in 2006. Its founder Eric Baker recently claimed it was selling around $500m worth of tickets across 50 countries annually.
However, like its rivals it has come under fire for being a platform for "scalping", whereby online touts buy up large amount of tickets and sell them at inflated rates.
In 2012 Viagogo poached Matthew Freud’s right-hand man Oli Wheeler to head up its global comms. It finished working with Freuds, which had handled corporate work since the company’s launch, at the end of 2012.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire