Tesco in consumer PR agency search
Tesco is on the hunt for agency help with its consumer comms, PRWeek understands.
Tesco: On the hunt for consumer comms help
It is understood that the retail giant has sent out an RFP requesting agencies respond to questions covering food, general merchandise and the supermarket’s value offer.
Tesco blamed a "weaker grocery market" on its 2.4 per cent fall in like-for-like UK sales in the six weeks to 4 January, the crucial Christmas sales period.
Group sales at the UK's largest supermarket were down 1.1 per cent excluding fuel.
Tesco also cited the opening of fewer new stores and the revamp of non-food ranges as contributing factors in the decline in performance.
Agency sources have speculated that the RFP may be the first stages of the company building a UK consumer roster.
Tesco was yet to issue a comment at the time of publishing.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London