Tesco in consumer PR agency search
Tesco is on the hunt for agency help with its consumer comms, PRWeek understands.
Tesco: On the hunt for consumer comms help
It is understood that the retail giant has sent out an RFP requesting agencies respond to questions covering food, general merchandise and the supermarket’s value offer.
Tesco blamed a "weaker grocery market" on its 2.4 per cent fall in like-for-like UK sales in the six weeks to 4 January, the crucial Christmas sales period.
Group sales at the UK's largest supermarket were down 1.1 per cent excluding fuel.
Tesco also cited the opening of fewer new stores and the revamp of non-food ranges as contributing factors in the decline in performance.
Agency sources have speculated that the RFP may be the first stages of the company building a UK consumer roster.
Tesco was yet to issue a comment at the time of publishing.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...