Tesco in consumer PR agency search
Tesco is on the hunt for agency help with its consumer comms, PRWeek understands.
Tesco: On the hunt for consumer comms help
It is understood that the retail giant has sent out an RFP requesting agencies respond to questions covering food, general merchandise and the supermarket’s value offer.
Tesco blamed a "weaker grocery market" on its 2.4 per cent fall in like-for-like UK sales in the six weeks to 4 January, the crucial Christmas sales period.
Group sales at the UK's largest supermarket were down 1.1 per cent excluding fuel.
Tesco also cited the opening of fewer new stores and the revamp of non-food ranges as contributing factors in the decline in performance.
Agency sources have speculated that the RFP may be the first stages of the company building a UK consumer roster.
Tesco was yet to issue a comment at the time of publishing.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director or Senior Account Director (Partnerships) air recruitment £40k-60k, Central London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager (Integrated) air recruitment £25k-£38k, Central London