Tesco in consumer PR agency search
Tesco is on the hunt for agency help with its consumer comms, PRWeek understands.
Tesco: On the hunt for consumer comms help
It is understood that the retail giant has sent out an RFP requesting agencies respond to questions covering food, general merchandise and the supermarket’s value offer.
Tesco blamed a "weaker grocery market" on its 2.4 per cent fall in like-for-like UK sales in the six weeks to 4 January, the crucial Christmas sales period.
Group sales at the UK's largest supermarket were down 1.1 per cent excluding fuel.
Tesco also cited the opening of fewer new stores and the revamp of non-food ranges as contributing factors in the decline in performance.
Agency sources have speculated that the RFP may be the first stages of the company building a UK consumer roster.
Tesco was yet to issue a comment at the time of publishing.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading