FTI Consulting finalises acquisition of TLG
FTI Consulting has finalised the deal bringing on board Malcolm Gooderham, founder of thought leadership specialist TLG, and his team.
Malcolm Gooderham: Integrating his TLG business into FTI Consulting
The deal, first revealed by PRWeek in November, will see TLG integrated into FTI’s strategic comms division in London with Gooderham becoming a managing director.
FTI would not disclose terms of the deal, but it is thought that TLG’s existing corporate and public affairs clients are in the process of transferring over to FTI.
TLG initially built a reputation in the public affairs space, but FTI is thought to have bought it more for its thought leadership specialism, which has seen it produce a number of publications including quarterly app magazine TLQ and the TLG Index of Thought Leaders covering the UK, US, Brazil and India.
John Waples, senior MD and head of the UK strategic comms business, said that Gooderham would be "heading and driving our thought leadership client service offerings in London".
He added: "Malcolm and his team deliver a complementary range of reputation strategies for companies, particularly those operating in heavily regulated and sensitive markets."
Gooderham launched TLG in 2007 after stints working for Weber Shandwick, Bell Pottinger and the Conservative Party. Public affairs is understood to make up a third of TLG’s business, with its PA clients including Yorkshire Water, Serco and Prudential, according to the APPC register.
It is thought that part of Gooderham’s role at FTI will be helping formulate its strategy for building its public affairs presence. In 2011 FTI was understood to be close to acquiring Portland, but the deal fell through and Omnicom bought the public affairs agency in 2012.
Gooderham commented: ""We are excited to join FTI Consulting, particularly given its brand position, resources and global presence. We're looking forward to working together to deliver innovative and integrated campaigns for clients."
Edward Reilly, Global CEO of FTI’s strategic comms arm, added: "Malcolm’s experience working with management teams and boards of directors to help better articulate their company’s strategy externally or to reposition the business will further reinforce our role as the trusted counsellor clients turn to when facing critical communications challenges."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director - FMCG & Branding to £90k Network Career Consultants £90000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank £22000 - £25000 per annum, Ascot